Monday 2 September 2013

iamamiwhoami

I am.
Am I?
Who am I ?



Is a Swedish project run buy curiously stunning front woman Joanna Lee and talented multi instrumentalist Claes Bjorklund. The singer and face of iamamiwhoami is almost like a swedish ladygaga/Lana del rey, yet, incomparable in her unique, experimental, musical ways. 

You see lady gaga is outrageous for the gasps and reactions wear as iamamiwhoami is just downright weird. And by weird I don't mean crazy cat lady in a cowboy hat weird I mean intriguing weird like Alice in wonderland. Strange,different, leaving you curious for more. 

The actual music is quite mellow, it's like an ambient electro dreamy synth pop. However, what gets the group their viral hits is the crazy visuals in the music videos. The music videos may look bizzare, but when looked further into are actually truly artistic. check more of their videos out which almost always have a deeper meaning or representation behind it with a thought provoking titles like "y" with an added numeric code which when indexed into the alphabet, these spell out words such as "educational", "I am", "its me", "mandragora", "officinarum", and "welcome home". Clever.



No comments:

Post a Comment