Wednesday 29 October 2014

Three Days, Three Duos Part III


With a mere half hour left of my third and last day, I begin this concluding review of my final femme duo - and what a beautiful ride it's been. If you haven't got a single clue as to what I'm on about, do have a click through part 1 or part 2

Otherwise -in short- I've basically been banging on about a bunch of female indie doublets with the hope that more female acts in the alternative music industry can get a bit of cred as they're not as commonly acclaimed as all these all guy indie bands with their skinny jeans and fancy hair cuts and, well, they really should be because they're bloody good.

So let's get to it then, and end this with a bang. Actually more like a light a pat on a tabor drum rather than a bang -these two are a bit more  indie folk opposed to the anarchistic rhythms of yesterdays lo-fi punk duo's Slutever and Girlpool. Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid lover of raging grungy guitars with the gain turned up and the straps lowered to the point the guitars are hanging by their knees. But sometimes there's a time where your ear buds require the soft caressing of some acoustic guitars and the sweet melodic sound of angelic harmonies; and when one requires such soothing music to ease the tension, First Aid Kit will most certainly do the job.

 First Aid Kit are a Swedish folk duo consisting of sisters Johanna and Klara. The two originally gathered online popularity back in 2007 via the finest of musical showcasing platforms; MySpace. Whilst I was planning my 10th birthday and coming to the distressing realization that the toothfairy was in fact a cunning misconception led by my mother, these two were frequently uploading covers and originals online. Of course they soon found themselves signed to a corporate record label and they've been producing enticing tunes ever since.

Recently they've released their new album "Stay Gold" that has a number of enjoyable tracks I find myself playing time and time again when I'm in need of a 'chilled' listening sesh. There's something quite alluring about their country style instrumentation along with their distinctive harmonized vocals that makes this album rather unique. 

Do have a listen to some of their tracks and performances provided below, and have a little stalk over the girls yourself to see if you can acquire a taste for their peculiar style. If not, do have a look over my other duo's here and here if your heart requires something a tad bit more oomfy.

And so I find myself skipping across the finish line of this three day long tripple review dominated by goddesses with guitars, of course thank you for reading and do stay tuned for the fresh batch of talented obscure artists I have in store for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment