Tuesday 4 December 2012

Fins




Have you ever found yourself endlessly roaming the internet? You search one thing on Google, click the link, then see another link that interests you and click it, then another - next thing you know you’re floating through an endless void of hyperlinks, so easily prevented by a ‘close tab’ and a click of an “X” in a red box yet an action seemingly so difficult to undertake. Well somehow in this process at 2am last night accompanied with a half tub of Ben&Jerries and total effort to stop procrastinating from doing my homework down the drain, I found these guys. 

Yes, of course it’s yet another Indie/Alt boy band with the cute nerdy Michael Cera/Jessie Eisenberg look. I can’t get enough of it. Ladies and Gentlemen (Or according to my blog audience demographic that I’m apparently attracting Canadians Teens and Middle Aged Asian Men) I present to you…Fins.


 These 4 guys are a Boston based band who combine eerie electronica synthesizers with an off-beat rhythm with added unique vocals from the lead singer. Not forgetting the Alt-Jesque style and logo.

 I'm shocked purely by how underrated they are as they're very talented -although part of me smiles to myself in great delight as I can have them all to myself. The song above makes me seriously miss the summer, but it's that’s okay as I can tell it'll be on my playlist for next summer. 



  Now, I was given some constructive criticism from a pro-music blogger that -quite ironically- I don't criticize enough on my band reviews, I only give good reviews which could come across as me kiss-assing the artists. Despite the reason why I praise these bands so highly is because I think they're awesome hence why I decided to review them on my blog, I shall criticize. I will always take on advice.

SO, HERE GOES MY FIRST CRITICISM:

Firstly, Fins has no twitter page or a Myspace - but then again Myspace died out when Hillary Duff was actually in the charts and the Simpson's made a movie.. so thats understandable.

Secondly, they don't do enough gigs cause they're all still in high school.

Finally -and most importantly- their band merch is only one t-shirt AND it doesn't ship to the UK which sucks.

 Although considering they've only been around for a year, they're doing bloody well.


So please do comment below and check out other peoples comments. BE NICE. Tell me what you think of them and yeah. Enjoy the music. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh hey, they go to my school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more. Their music is so legit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. their drummer is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They go to my school and I'm not sure they be able to walk through the door now that their egos have swelled. P.S. they are great guys and will help a random stranger with as much effort as they would their best friend. They are fantastic and kind people with a fabulous passion for music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha looks like you guys have a loyal fanbase :) you lot really need to gig in london...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow theyre so talented!!!!! sick band!

    ReplyDelete